A wonderful way to recycle or upcycle clothes that may seem repetitive is to revamp it by painting it and giving it a new look. This is a technique that increases the shelf-life of wearables.
DIFFICULTY LEVEL: Medium
AGE GROUP: 5 yrs and above (Parental Guidance advised)
- Take a plain t-shirt. Make sure that the t-shirt is clean and does not have any creases.
- Use cellophane tape to make a design of your choice. I have made a box pattern.
- Using a flat brush take colors of your choice and work with light strokes on the edges of the squares that are formed by the tape. I have used Fevicryl Acrylic colors: Orange and Ultramarine blue for my project. Allow this to dry.
- Peel off the cellophane tape to achieve the pattern that has been painted on the t-shirt.
- Use a stencil and sponge to dab paint onto the surface of the t shirt.
- I have made a paper stencil using a “Heart shape” paper punch. Allow this to dry.
- Use Fevicryl 3D glitter red to outline the hearts. Allow this to dry.
This DIY was designed for Hobby Ideas during my stint with them as a Content Expert.
Hobby Ideas is the creative wing of Pidilite Industries and is a leading Brand that promotes Art and Craft as a hobby.
- Keep away from heat and flame.
- Recommended usage of the products by children under parental guidance.
If you like this DIY and have made something by following this, do share your work and thoughts with me in the comments section below. I would love to hear from you.
Leave a Reply