Hello!! I am Shantha Prabhu. Welcome to my creative space!!
I am an artist and Art Educator. I also practice Art Based Therapy.
Here, you will find a lot of inspiration and creative ideas to try and dabble with art and have fun!!
I am basically a Computer Science graduate and have worked in the corporate sector as a Progress Developer. It was during my stint in the IT industry that I identified a stronger inclination towards my passion for the fine arts. While working, I would receive requests from people for my artwork. So, eventually, I quit my job and decided to make this a full-time profession.
My love for art was initiated at a young age when I would go for drawing classes, slowly venturing into shading, water colours, pencil sketching, portraits and still life.
As a young artist my portfolio of works, range from the traditional ‘Warli’ and ‘Madhubani’ designs to still life paintings that use instant coffee powder as a medium.
I currently work independently as a freelance artist and an Art Educator. I also practice Art Based Therapy for individuals and groups.
- Designer for Video Content for Itsy Bitsy, 2020.
- Craft Associate with Premier Decorations, September 2020
- Expert Craft Instructor at FevicreaTV, Fevicreate, 2020
- Design Team member for Itsy Bitsy, 2019
- Amazon Affiliate or Associate, 2019
- Design Team member for Itsy Bitsy, 2017
- Design Consultant and Content Expert for Pidilite Industries, 2017
- Fevicryl Specialist 2017
- Fevicryl certified Expert Art Instructor, 2016
- Fevicryl registered Art Instructor, 2015
- Deccan Herald feature as a young artist, 2015
- ‘Balachitra Rathna Award’ in the International children’s art competition, 2005 held by Korasala’s Wonder Art World.
- Undergoing formal training for Senior Certification in Fine Arts from Prachin Kala Kendra
- Undergoing formal training at Indian Institute of Psychology and Research, to facilitate Art Based Therapy.
- Certification course on Entrepreneurship: Do Your Venture from NSRCEL, IIM Bangalore
- Formal training on working with Oil Colors from the famous artist S. Elayaraja
- Formal training for working with Water color from the renowned Pune based artist Milind Mullick
- Courses certified by Fevicryl to work with Acrylic paints
1. Conducted over 50 workshops individually and in association with Fevicryl at leading institutes in Bangalore:
- International Institute of Fashion Designing
- JD Institute of Fashion Technology
- Dreamzone School of creative studies
- Bloom and Grow-Design and Craft Studio
- NMKRV Women’s college
2. 12 Day Art Camp at Dreamzone School of creative studies, Bangalore
3. Corporate workshop for Mercedes(MBRDI, Bangalore) and Oracle
4. Corporate in-house workshops for Pidilite Industries Ltd.
2021: Tanjore Paintings displayed and available for sale at the BDG Pai Arts and Crafts Emporium, Mangalore
2017: Participant and Exhibitor at the 14th Annual Chitrasanthe, held on 15th January 2017 organised by Karnataka Chitrakala Parishath.
2015: Fundraising art show for the victims of Nepal, organized by Genesis Art Gallerie,
Bangalore, in association with GOONJ.